In between expansions in 1988 New Glasgow Lobster Suppers celebrated their 30th anniversary introducing their new Restaurant Manager Carl Nicholson (son of William & Thelma) who was taking the place of retiree Ralph Dickieson.
During the 1980’s The Atlantic Canada Opportunity Agency was giving financial aid in the form of grants to up and coming entrepreneurs like the founders of New Glasgow Lobster Suppers. This money helped the restaurant expand an additional two more times. Once in 1983 when the lower level “Glasgow Room” was added, this sat 60 […]
In 1980, ownership decreased once again leaving only four of the original founding members to carry on the lobster suppers’ tradition. These owners were: William & Thelma Nicholson and Sterling & Jean MacRae, all of whom are still the owners today.
A record was made with the number of people who ate at the restaurant. During one week alone the average crowed per day was 1250 people. During that very same week New Glasgow Lobster Suppers experienced their largest day to date, serving 1470 people in one day.
The first inland lobster pound was established using wooden tanks. The following year the wooden tanks were switched to fiberglass tanks. Being inland and lobsters requiring salt water, special accommodations had to be made. Water would be hauled from the nearby harbor and held in an underground tank that was refrigerated and circulated throughout the […]