JOB description (HOST/HOSTESS)
- Make sure all wine Menus are wiped down and spot free
- Check Reservations for the day
- Check with Manager to see if there are any private or large groups
- Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations
- Keep the Hostess stand clean and organized at all times. Update the dining room seating plan accordingly.
- Responsibilities include monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
- Greets guests, escort them to their table and present wine menus and let them know who their server will be today.
- Make sure the server knows they have a new table
- If the server is unable to attend to the table promptly then you can provide the table with water and rolls.
- Help out the staff by clearing, setting tables and restocking
- Keep an eye out that the dining room, entryway, bathrooms, and menus are kept clean throughout operations.
- Follow established procedures and quality standards
- Handle any guest problems or concerns
- A naturally welcoming, engaging, and positive attitude is required.
- Ability to instruct, supervise, and coordinate the work of servers and table cleaners
- Experience in Food and Beverage service
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Organizational and Multi tasking skills
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends
- Responsible Servers Certificate
- Experience in a similar environment is an asset
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
Experience is an asset but not requiredPerks:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible schedule
- Staff Prices when dining in house
- Staff Prices on food orders
- Free food & drink while on shift
Interested Job Seekers can apply to Dining Room Manager Erin MacRae-Forrest via firstname.lastname@example.org